CBSC will host a stop on the Van Isle 360 International Yacht Race on Sunday June 7, 2015. This is a great opportunity to see thoroughbred ocean racing machines up close and in action!
This is an exciting year for the Van Isle 360 and Comox, as the Comox Bay Sailing Club will be hosting the “Straight Marine In Port Race” starting at 11am. In this local race the yachts will race around the buoys between Comox Bay and Denman Island. This will undoubtedly be a spectacle when 40 yachts provide on and off the water viewers with quality action in close quarters racing conditions!
The Awards Celebration will start at 4pm in Comox Marina Park, is open to the public, and will consist of the following:
- Fleet welcome by K’omoks First Nation
- Nanaimo to Comox Awards, and Strait Marine In Port Race Awards
- Beer Garden staffed by Rotary Club of Strathcona
- Reception provided by Plates Eatery and Catering
- Food provided by Yummies and Gyros Greek Cafe and Surfside Fish and Chips
- Musical entertainment by Comox Valley’s Luke Blu Guthrie
We encourage all to come to the marina, check out the action, and participate in the festivities!
Comox to Campbell River, Race Start – 2013